Qrafter is a free two-dimensional barcode scanner for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Its main purpose is to scan and parse the contents of QR Codes. It can also generate QR Codes with Pro Pack.
Qrafter is a free two-dimensional barcode scanner for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Its main purpose is to scan and parse the contents of QR Codes. It can also generate QR Codes when you purchase the “Pro Pack”. Qrafter has the following features:
- Very fast QR Code scanning
- Color inverted code scanning
- QR Code regeneration for scanned codes
- QR Code generation from scratch with various content types*
- Embedded web browser with vCard and iCalendar support
- Support for opening vCard and iCalendar files directly from Safari*
- Embedded map browser
- Embedded SMS sending
- Embedded email sending
- Embedded contact adding
- Embedded event adding
- Embedded Facebook integration
- Embedded Twitter integration
- Support for printing QR Codes on devices that support AirPrint*
- Support for sending history information by email*
- Full localization support
- Torch light on devices with flash
* These features are available when you purchase the “Pro Pack”.
- Qrafter can extract the following information from the codes it scans:
- Web page and Bookmark URLs
- Map URLs
- iTunes URLs
- Facebook URLs
- Foursquare URLs
- Foursquare venue URLs
- Yelp URLs
- Gowalla URLs
- Data URLs
- Raw geographical coordinates
- vCard information
- meCard information
- iCalendar event information
- Phone numbers
- Email addresses
- YouTube video URL
- Wi-Fi network information
- BlackBerry Messenger PINs
- Android Market searches
- Plain text
Qrafter has a special sharpening algorithm which lets it scan up to 40% smaller codes. It also lets Qrafter scan QR Codes which have less contrast between foreground and background. The shortcoming of this algorithm is, it makes the scanning process a little slower on older devices, but this is probably an acceptable compromise.
Qrafter has an in app purchase called “Pro Pack” to further enhance its abilities. This pack includes the following:
- A QR Code generator that can generate QR Codes from scratch. It can change the colors of the QR Code images, save them to your photo library, email them as PNG and SVG image files, share them on social media sites and print them if your device is compatible with AirPrint feature of iOS.
- A vCard (.vcf) and iCalendar (.ics) file downloader which can download vCard and iCalendar files using Safari or Qrafter’s internal web browser. This is a feature that no other app on App Store has. Qrafter’s vCard parser can parse everything from names to anniversaries and it can even download contact photos. This feature enhances this vCard parser further with the ability to download vCards themselves from the internet, and furthermore adds iCalendar file download ability as well.
- A feature to send your history information to any email address as a comma-separated value (CSV) file. This way you can get the raw data included in the items you scanned, in bulk.
- Removal of advertisement banners from Qrafter. All ad loading will stop immediately and banners will be removed from all screens.